NFS problems with Potato/Woody

Hi,

I'm experiencing several problems with NFS after moving clients from
potato to woody, but keeping the server (user space NFS) running under Potato.

On one installation we simply cannot lock anymore. This client just
mounts some mailboxes that can be read without a problem, but cannot be
changed, mailx just says "mail: Unable to lock mailbox: Permission
denied". Needless to say it worked with a potato client.

On an other installation it appears that the same file is not the same
anymore, i.e. one file has a different md5sum depending on whether I run
md5sum on the server or the client and on the client machine the file is
corrupted.

I'm not sure so far since I wasn't able to test it yet, but maybe both
have the same reason. But which? Did anyone else ever experience this
kind of problem.

The woody machines run 2.4.19, we weren't able to reproduce this with a
2.2er kernel on the clients so far.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Michael