Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> "Why?" is the question that you continually refuse to answer.
>
> why are you trying to do that?  what benefit does it provide?

Several times recently (including the message that started the current
discussion) people are confused about the fact that non-free packages
are not part of Debian.  They are encouraged to make this mistake
because of the considerable support that Debian lends to those
packages.

Also, by making non-free software less attractive, we increase the
long-term likelihood of free alternatives becoming available, which is
better for everyone.

Thomas