On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:54:41PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > zealotry like yours disgusts me.  it's as offensive as christians
> > hating and oppressing jews or moslems or hindus or pagans just
> > because they have different beliefs, and vice-versa.
>
> Nominally, you have accepted the same social contract as everyone else
> and would claim to adhere to Debian's strong Free Software stance.  I
> fail to see why you are taking such a pro-proprietary stance within an
> organization such as Debian.

that's right.  anyone who disagrees with or opposes your bigotry is
pro-proprietary software.  it's not possible to be pro-free software and
disagree with you, is it?  tolerance of any difference is evil.  silly
me, i forgot.

i don't know why i bother to have my own opinions when you so helpfully
make them up for me.

> Nonetheless, I am not trying to ban non-free software.  I am being no
> more zealous than you ("everyone that wants non-free software off
> ftp.debian.org is stupid").

i didn't say that at all.

i said (paraphrased) that everyone who wants non-free software off
ftp.debian.org is an intolerant bigoted zealot who disgusts me.

> You still have yet to point out how this actually hurts people.

you have yet to explain what actual benefit this will provide.

making you feel better is not a benefit to anyone except you.  removing
your alleged confusion over what debian consists of is not a benefit to
anyone except you.

what real, tangible, practical benefits are there in doing what you
want?

there aren't any.  it's just ideology, just religion.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.