Re: Debian versioning scheme (r1 vs .1)

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:43:34PM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:29:34PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > Ah, you are going to maintain boot-floppies for all 11 architectures? In
> > that case, we can go ahead I guess.
>
> Is this your way to think about suggestions?

Apparently nobody[1] wants to have anything to do with boot-floppies
anymore, so your argument seems bogus unless you do it yourself. Sorry,
I don't want to be rude, but this seems to be the situation today.

Sure, we could stall debian-installer for another year and try to get
boot-floppies working again (this time, we'd really have to use 2.4 on
all flavors or be loughed at), but IMHO it's time to move forward
eventually, debian-installer really seems to rock.

Michael

--
[1] well, Zomb said something like he'd be still interested in
boot-floppies, but this was some time ago and I don't know what he