Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On 10/24/2002 2:01 PM, Marek Habersack at grendel@debian.org wrote:

> Don't forget that the newbies will use what they are given and not what they
> choose (initially). If the DeDe chooses to add WindowMaker to its desktop
> offering, then I'm sure it will be configured well enough to match the
> GNOME/KDE level.

Hopefully, yes.  That would be an ideal situation.  Windowmaker is quite
cool if you set it up nicely.

> Sure, that's an excellent idea. I guess it would take a long-running poll to
> determine that with satisfactory reliability.

Yes!  Mucho flamewars to pick the six apps that can reasonably fit onto the
task bar from the thousands available ;-)

Seriously though, you are right - in due time, that is a necessary topic of
discussion.

Cheers,
Luke Seubert