Re: completely hosed OpenOffice 1.0.1

* Daniel Martin (martin@snowplow.org) wrote:
> The problem is that msttcorefonts moved the directory you need to use
> for X fonts and:
> 1) didn't clean up the old directory
> 2) Tell you about the problem and how to fix it.
>
> Here's how to fix it:
> Remove /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType and everything in it.  Those
> fonts.whatever files now only serve to confuse things as they're no
> longer accurate.  (Openoffice is one of the worst with dealing with
> this problem)
>
> Replace any references to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType in your
> /etc/x11/XF86Config-4 file with a reference to:
>
> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType

I don't have this directory. I have /var/lib/defoma/ but here's what's
in it:

(duckwing@Mallard:defoma)$ ls -F
abiword-common.d/        status-cache
ghostscript.subst-cache  truetype.font-cache
gs.d/                    type1.failed-font-cache
pango.d/                 type1.font-cache
postscript.font-cache    vflib2.d/
psfontmgr.d/             x-postscript.failed-font-cache
scripts/                 x-postscript.font-cache

So how do I get this directory and how does it relate to msttcorefonts
when they are in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/?

Should I have the /var/lib/defoma/...TrueType to the /etc/X11/fs/config
file as well?

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing@duckwing.ca