Re: completely hosed OpenOffice 1.0.1

* Boycie (boycie@boycie.net) wrote:
> A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, after an apt-get
> update. The only package that was updated then was
> msttcorefonts. Assuming the problem to be font related I looked at my
> xfs font paths and there turned out to be a couple of TrueType
> directories with what looked to me like bogus font entries. I removed
> them and restarted x and xfs, worked like a charm.

It looks like this might be it, as I remember something about the
mstcorefonts during an apt-get a while back.

The way fonts are handled in Debian now seems completely changed.
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType only has fonts.dir|scale|alias in it and an
encodings.dir as well. The same is true with a couple other directories
there.

I'd really prefer to get TTF fonts working correctly again, so what is
the best way to set things up? At one time, I think there were symlinks
in that directory which pointed to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/*.ttf files
but now they are not there.

Suggestions on the best way to fix this?

> Hope this helps,

it does indeed.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing@duckwing.ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.18)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

   "Microsoft is not the Borg. The Borg have better tech support."