Re: graphical installer?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 08:37:50AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 08:29, Mateusz Papiernik wrote:
> > > Have a look at PGI: http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/
> >
> > It's very nice! I like GTK wizard look very much - so why
> > it isn't integrated with unofficial Sid images? Have You got
> > any other  plans ? Or maybe you want to use text installer
> > for ever?
>
> It is currently ia32 (x86) only.

Bzzzt.  PGI supports IA-64 (ia64) as well.  A PowerPC port is also
underway, though testing and development is limited to NewWorld
PowerMacs at this point.  There has even been a successful PowerPC
install performed, though it was clunky and partitioning could not be
done.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    To Republicans, limited government
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    means not assisting people they