Re: existing debian themes

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 16:16, Erich Schubert wrote:
> And sunshineinabag.co.uk already has a Debian GDM2 login screen
> http://sunshineinabag.co.uk/
> which (when one replace the ridiculous apples ;) could be a nice default
> for gdm2 (when it gets packaged, i can't await it ;)
>
> The "Debian color" should be used for HighLight only, that is for the
> active window bar, marked text and hover effects maybe. IMHO.

It does look good, apart from the apples.. :)

However, a quick look at the file reveals that the debian logo is
actually a large jpeg. If someone could find a vector source of the
Debian logo (I'm sure there is one somewhere) which could be converted
into a SVG (2 seconds work with Illustrator), GDM2 could display that
instead.  Instant eye candy and people with large monitors love you, for
the clear edges and lack of JPEG artifacts.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                           jabber: ross@nerdfest.org