Re: debbugs: assign someone from a group of willing people to fix a bug

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Package: debbugs

It would be bugs.debian.org. You don't file a bug against smartlist or
qmail if you want a new mailinglist either. Please reassign.

> What to do?
>
> I would like to propose a setup similar to the one used to translate
> package descriptions:

> If a bug is not delt with for some time (no mails or status changes
> indication work being done) a person is selected out of a pool of
> willing persons and is mailed the bug. He can then check out the bug
> and fix it if possible and has the right to do an NMU or close the bug
> etc.

You can do this right now. Setup such a system and start working. NMUs
may happen all the time. Just make sure to make it right (send the patch
etc)

> Any comment? Maybe something more than "send patch and we think about
> it"?

Find bugs you'ld like to work on and NMU. It's as simple as that. Your
suggestions sounds a bit like overengineering to me. Perhaps you can
setup an independant mailbot somewhere else? This need not necessarily
be directly in the BTS.

					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal