Re: Are libtool .la files in non-dev library packages bugs?

#include <hallo.h>
* Marcelo E. Magallon [Tue, Aug 20 2002, 02:24:21PM]:

>  I've seen is *that* stupid), but libtool produces filanames named after
>  the platform's own conventions.  So, under Linux you get libfoo.so and
>  under HP/UX you get libfoo.sl.  *That* information is stored in the .la
>  file.  You pass the .la filename to dl_open, which opens it, searches

Yes, and this breaks the whole idea of SONAMES. I wonder how such shit
has ever been allowed to enter Debian.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
The feature you'd like to have is probably already installed on your
Linux system.