debRe: ian-devel-digest Digest V2002 #46

> ATTACHMENT part 15 message/rfc822
> Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:49:45 +0100
> From: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
> To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Mass bug filing for Build-Depends on libc6-dev
>
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 08:28:36AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> >     libc6-dev is not available on all of the Debian platforms so a build
> > dependency on lib6-dev will cause the program not to compile on systems
> without
> > libc6-dev.
>
> It should probably only be a normal bug for those packages with
> unversioned build-dependencies, since other libc-dev variants provide
> libc6-dev.

 Yeah, these are useless :)

> >  The following packages depend on a versioned libc6-dev but don't include
> > libc0.3-dev.
> >
> >  rstatd
> >  valgrind
>
> Does valgrind have a chance of working on hurd-i386?

 I don't think valgrind or fenris have a hope of working on GNU/Hurd anytime
soon.

> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU