Re: GCC 3.2 transition

>> Gerhard Tonn <GerhardTonn@swol.de> writes:

 > The disadvantage is that we must know all C++ packages in advance.

 A large majority of C++ packages depend on libstdc++*; the ones that
 doesn't are probably libraries which have been linked using cc instead
 of c++.  For example libsigc++-1.1-5 and libgtkmm1.3-14 would pass
 unnoticed even if they are both C++ libraries.  This *might be*
 symptomatic of libtool libraries, counterexamples appreciated.  In this
 case you'd have to look for typical C++ symbols in the output of, say,
 objdump -T, e.g. __pure_virtual, __dynamic_cast.  In general you'd have
 to look for traces of C++ mangling.

--
Marcelo             | "Idiot I may be, but tied up I ain't."
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Gaspode the wonder dog