Library namespace conflicts

Hello,

	So here I am trying to package fragroute, by Dug Song.  I've
done a pretty big overhaul of libevent and fragroute source trees when I
notice that the "libdnet" that fragroute depends on is not the DECnet
library: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libdnet.html

	Instead, it is his _own_ library, available here:
http://libdnet.sourceforge.net/

	Now it looks like OpenBSD already has his version in the ports
tree, so it is the canonical name _somewhere_.  What do I do?  I can't
just rename the package, because both libraries provide libdnet.a.
Sending patches upstream has elicited no response; so I'm pretty sure
that an e-mail asking him to rename his library is going to be equally
fruitful.  *sigh*

Simon