Re: Definite menu code rewrite

On Jul 19, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> That is, translations is more difficult if translators cannot automatically
> manage text or use catalogs. It also, at the same time, makes translation
> updates more difficult (have to bug the maintainer to change config files
> instead of just providing a new .po file for a given language).

Don't ask me, ask the xdg people...

My belief, though, is that they'll say it's better for the menu system
to only have to parse one file rather than several dozen for each menu
entry.  (Having said that, there may be a way to generate the
translated .desktop files from .po files in source packages.  If there
isn't, it should be codeable fairly easily.  Since I don't know crap
about po files, I am not volunteering to code this tool too.)

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765