Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Simon Law wrote:

> 	I think that having meetings during the summer in Canada has
> many advantages, including slightly cooler weather.  Plus, the political
> climate in the U.S. is still too unstable for my liking.  I'll go down
> there when people in high places start calming down a bit.

   We just had debconf in a city that had a mass public work stoppage with
garbage piling up in the streets all over the city.  We just had the
conference in a city covered completely by wild fire smoke.  We just had
debconf in a country that has over twice as many soldiers per capita
fighting than the US.
   None of these stopped me from going to Toronto.  I would hope people
would similarly be objective when choosing the next city should it be
decided to be in North America.

   Adam