Re: Where is Debian going?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:45:30PM +0200, giuseppe bonacci wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I am not subscribed to this mailing list, nor do I routinely follow
> discussions in this list. I hope not to upset anybody in case this message
> is misplaced, and I apologise for not being a native English speaker.

You should have read the archives, finding the numerous times this has
been discussed before, and where the conclusion generally has been that,
in the words of Colin Watson; "somebody needs to really consider how to
do it without breaking dependencies and partial upgrades *and* volunteer
to do the large amount of work required".

I fully agree with Watson's point here; Putting up a suggestion for a
system without taking into account things such as dependencies might
seem like a good theoretical idea, but it has little or no actual use.

--
Rune B. Broberg