Re: perl problem

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 08:33:43AM -0400, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 at 05:05:26PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> > Can any perl experts see what is wrong here?
>
> You could turn use stricts off right beofre he offending line.

... as long as SO_REUSEPORT isn't actually needed (which is if the
ReusePort argument to the IO::Socket::INET constructor is used), in
which case it'll still break horribly. Turning off strict here would be
a nasty hack anyway.

Mind you, the SO_REUSEPORT constant doesn't work on Debian at the
moment:

  $ perl -MSocket -le 'print SO_REUSEPORT;'
  Your vendor has not defined Socket macro SO_REUSEPORT, used at -e line 1

That won't cause compilation to break though, as long as it's in @EXPORT
in /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Socket.pm.

The only thing that comes to mind is a broken local version of
Socket.pm.

> I am new to perl and forgotten the syntax off the top off my head (And
> Orielly is at home).

The syntax is 'no strict qw(subs);', but don't do that unless you know
the underlying cause. :)