Re: Linux Fonts

--- Richard Atterer <deb-devel@list02.atterer.net>
wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:55:46AM -0700,
> Jim.Gettys@hp.com wrote:
> > You can also look at the XFree86 distribution and
> look at the
> > copyright that Chuck Bigelow and XFree86 put
> together for the
> > Lucidux family that Chuck did....
>
> ...and then also look in what section these fonts
> have had to be
> placed: _NON-FREE_!

Exactly the problem I would like to avoid!  I think
the idea of forcing a name change for modifications is
a great idea.  As was said before it would be somewhat
non constructive to have 40 different fonts with the
same name.

So, what if I released it under GPL with a stipulation
that any modification requires a name change?  Is it
adequate to just stipulate that in the liscence
agreement?

Thanks for everyones help.
Dustin Norlander
http://www.cheapskatefonts.com

--Oh and for the record, when I earlier said
"sellable" I just meant in the way that it is
allowable to sell GPL items.