Re: Wishlist for woody+1

Hi,

At Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:04:21 +0200,
Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Actually we use:
>
> it_IT ISO-8859-1
> it_IT@euro ISO-8859-15
>
> but I still believe that we need to maintain the "it" entry that could
> be associated to euro. I would do it that way:
>
> 	"it"		=> "ISO-8859-15",
>  	"it_IT"		=> "ISO-8859-1",
>  	"it_IT@euro"	=> "ISO-8859-15",

You misunderstand the point.  The left field (language name) of
the list corresponds to language names in Debconf templates.
For example, "Description-ja: foobar" means that "foobar" is
written in Japanese language and EUC-JP encoding.  I would like
to know the encoding for each "Description-xx:" field.

I think "it", "it_IT", and "it_IT@euro" are name of locales.
My script obtains the encodings for these locales by
"locale charmap" command.

Or, you mean, "Description-it_IT@euro:" fields may appear in
future Debconf template?  I don't think so.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/