Re: snapshot.debian.net

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:10:51AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> At Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:30:43 -0500,
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > From time to time, packages must be removed from the archive because it
> > is discovered that we cannot legally distribute them.  This means that
> > it is also illegal for them to be distributed from an archive snapshot.
> > You may want to think about this issue, if you haven't already.
>
> Oh, I didn't think of it.
> I subscribed ftp.debain.org@packages.qa.debian.org to get such information,
> and I already subscribed debian-legal.
> Is there any other good channel for such kind of issues?

You can monitor http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt and
http://non-us.debian.org/~troup/removals.txt (I don't know if either of
these is "official", but they've been stable for some time). There's
also a QA mail alias which gets notified when packages are removed for
the purpose of cleaning up bugs, which it might be possible to subscribe
you to; talk to Martin Michlmayr, I think.