Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 00:31, Nick Phillips wrote:

[calling a spade a spade (or woody woody)]

> I think the pro of being able to properly test the installation system
> outweighs the con of having to come up with a better way to let people
> know that there's an upgrade, and helping them to do it.

How about bumping the version of some essential pkg (dpkg?) in 'old
stable' at release time of the next stable, and having the new package
display the release announcement when it is installed (with offering to
change the sources.list file on the fly?)

just an idea
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg