Re: Proposal for new Security subsection for non-US

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 03:55:46PM +1200, Matthew Grant wrote:
> o It is placed in non-US, as the security scanning software uses
> encryption in lots of places.

Uh, crypto is allowed to go on ftp-master now, since we've got all the
US government's notification requirements handled. It's better for it to
go on ftp-master, since it gets mirrored better. Unless you're talking
about non-free security tools that use crypto, maybe.

That said, though, at present constructing new sections for you to upload
to in the archive proper is a fair chunk of effort, so I wouldn't rely
on getting official support if you want to do this.

> I am putting this proposal forward for someone else to run with.

So, if someone does want to run with it, you probably should see about
setting up an apt-able archive on satie.debian.org (which is outside the
US -- note that the crypto notification requirements are only handled for
export via the archive, not people.debian.org, or for random developers
uploading to non-US from the US) in your home directory somewhere,
and building from there.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''