Re: How to package device files?

#include <hallo.h>
Wichert Akkerman wrote on Fri May 31, 2002 um 10:59:31AM:

> > Common praxis is asking with Debconf and creating them in postinst using
> > mknod.
>
> No, common praxis is asking (preferably with debconf) and then creating
> them using makedev.

Of course with makedev, if possible. But we are talking about exotic
device files here, not supported by makedev. Since bdale does not
release makedev too frequently, the package maintainer has to emulate
the missing feature in the meantime.

> I don't think we need to revisited this.

I do. If the files are essential for the package, ie. DVB drivers, they
should be created without bothering the user one more time.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter