Re: New dictionaries-common Policy proposal

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:19:17AM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:10:49PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > "english" should be British/International English, not American
> > English.
>
> I suppose.  We do refer to the British as "The English".  Still, I still
> don't revel in the idea that the default setup would be spelling color
> as "colour", ending selective past-tense verbs in "t" instead of "ed",
> or using selective "sation" endings instead of "zation".

Well there are plenty of people who don't like the reverse of that of course.
In fact I once (when working for an American company) set the default paper size
to A4 rather than "letter" just to get my own back.

> The English are weird. ;-)

I can't deny it. :)

patrick
(maybe more Yorkshire than English)