Re: libtool -e command not found errors

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 08:15:25PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > >     Junichi> Does anyone know what is causing this ?
> > >
> > >   rabbit% echo -e "hi"
> > >   hi
> > >   rabbit% ash -c 'echo -e "hi"'
> > >   -e hi
> > >
> > > Shell breakage (again)?
> >
> > Don't use shell 'echo' with args if you want your scripts to be portable.
> > Well-known -- must be 'cos I know it ;)
>
> So, what is the problem with libtool ?

I have no idea; I was just commenting that *if* it is something to do with
echo arguments as someone suggested, then it's not shell breakage but
unportable shell programming that's at fault.

IIRC POSIX says that echo "shall not" accept *any* options.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com