Re: [RFC] New keymap/language configuration system.

*  (Jérôme Marant)

| Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> writes:
|
| > |   BTW, I'm still not convinced by the usage of debconf in d-i ...
| >
| > I don't understand the question, can you rephrase?  d-i will use
| > debconf for all user interaction.  Changing that would mean throwing
| > away the partly-to-mostly functional system we already have.
|
|   OK, let's rephrase: I'm not impressed at all by the usage of
|   debconf in d-i, after a first try.

If you can tell what's wrong it would be a lot easier to explain the
train of thoughts or change what's broken.

|   Furthermore, I would like to know why people want to focus on d-i
|   rather than PGI which seems to more advanced than d-i on many
|   grounds. This is a question, not an attack.

I haven't had the time to play with PGI yet.  We will have to have a
discussion regarding what installation system we want for sarge: d-i
and/or PGI.  We'll also decide whether we will let boot-floppies
handle the corner cases which won't get covered by the first release
of d-i (or if we should spend the time to get d-i to cover them).

The time for that discussion hasn't come yet; We'll release woody
first, and then we can look forward and decide on a course of action.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-