Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 10:49:27PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> > The gnome keyboard applet (gkb_applet in package gnome-applets) lets you
> > switch between any number of keyboard layouts, so what you're after isn't
> > just in KDE.
>
> Does it work well for east Asian complex languages which need conversions?

I don't have the Asian environments properly set up on my computer, so I
can't speak authoritatively.  It does support some part of them, but
possibly not completely, so it may not be useful to you.

For instance, it does have Japanese, but I can only get the alphabetic
characters (katagana, right?): タテイスカン (qwerty).  That's using the
"xkb" layout.  I don't know if it provides the full Japanese UTF-8
characters if you have X properly configured for it.

It also has Thai (ๆไำพะั) but not Chinese or Korean.

I'm just using UTF-8, so I can't comment on conversion to the national
charsets.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A