Re: NM/New Developer Query

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 03:07:42PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Suppose I want to become a Debian developer, but I do *not* want to
> maintain any packages, I just want to do QA.
>
> How am I supposed to do this?

You're not required to maintain a package in order to be a developer;
talk to your AM about this. However, I'd recommend that people joining
to do QA also consider maintaining a package, because I'd rather that
people doing QA are also familiar with package maintenance in the
"ordinary" way.

A good way to merge the two activities is to pick up some orphaned
packages.