Re: some stuff up for adoption

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 06:10:44PM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:

> Quoting Patrick Caulfield (patrick@debian.org):
> > > lvm-common, lvm10
> > > 	The logical volume manager for linux.
> > >
> > > These packages are 'up for adoption', but please discuss with me first, as
> > > i'd like to have some say in who takes them, this is particularly true for
> > > snort and lvm.
> >
> > I'd like to take LVM. I'm well positioned to do this as a developer working
> > for Sistina.
>
> That would make you suitable, I guess :) You're welcome to take it.

Thanks, one thing I want to do (and this is no reflection on you, rather on "us"
as in Sistina) is to replace the 1.1rcX with 1.0.4 (and soon-to-be 1.0.5)
but I'm a little unsure how to go about this.

1.1 is an experimental release and shouldn't really exist IMO (again this is a
Sistina problem). 1.0.x is the stable branch and LVM2 is the development branch,
for some reason Heinz went off on his own and produced 1.1 undoing all the
stability work we put into 1.0.

Anyway, I was wondering what the archives would do with a 1.0.4 should I upload
one. I don't really want to get rid of 1.1 completely just in case anyone is
using the new features.

patrick