Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:31:01PM +0200, Wolfgang J?hrling wrote:
> Debian; but it is easy for you to say that Debian GNU/Hurd should follow
> the rules of Debian and not attempt to change them, while these rules
> actually resemble the rules of GNU/Linux

Could you please explain which rules you think only apply to GNU/Linux?
This has been a common point during this thread but little has been
spelt out except /hurd and /libexec.

I subscribe to the "Debian is the OS" reasoning. Now it seems we
need a good definition of what makes a system Debian. Is it just
our policy and packaging system? I can see some reasonable-sized
technical differences between our different kernel systems now,
such as the use of the BSD libc on the Debian GNU/BSD port,
linking /usr to / on the Debian GNU/Hurd port etc.

Hamish