Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:58:23PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Really? I would think that this is far less a cry to examine
>  one culture than a bunch os people who do not try to understand how a
>  complex social system works, but come in and try to impose their own
>  half naked schemes of how things ought to work, and result in mostly
>  disruption and chaos.

No, this very much is an examination of culture. Certain people *don't
want* to fit into the existing culture--so, by definition, they must
change the culture if they remain. There are obvious hurdles in trying
to get several hundred people to spontaneously decide they've been
misguided and are wasting their time, but that isn't enough to stop
people from trying. Those who succeed are messianic prophets, those who
fail are loonies. Time will tell here.

--
Mike Stone