Re: 2.4.18 File System Corruption

As long as we are talking kernel stuff and filesystem corruption...

I have not experienced any real IDE DMA problems, but I have a couple of
filesystems on a healthy SCSI disk which have occasionally been corrupted
under 2.4.18.  When it happens, I receive a message like:

May  5 23:46:20 mizar EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,3)): ext2_new_block: Free blocks count corrupted for block group 1

at which point further writes to the filesystem return ENOSPC until I
unmount and fsck it.  The corruption always seems to involve the free block
bitmap, and only on one or two blocks.

Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?

--
 - mdz