Re: About the infinite loop]

Just to add I had the same problem today with the idepci images. Rebooting
didn't help.

It's sitting in a vmware window right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

--
Regards,
Ross Thomas

Adam Warner wrote:

> From: André ...
> To: lists@consulting.net.nz
> Subject: About the infinite loop
> Date: 01 May 2002 15:40:41 +0200
>
> Hi Adam!
>
> I read your post on debian-devel though the archive, and I just wanted
> to say that I ran into the same thing this morning, both using the bf2.4
> images and the compact images. It is a very nasty bug since it prevents
> the installation from succeeding. I'm not subscribed to debian-devel, so
> I cannot post a follow-up there, but if you like you can mention that
> you have also heard from people having the same problem with the compact
> disk image.
>
> We need to nail this one down before we release.

I installed the base using http (main US mirror--but through a
transparent proxy). Combine that with the fact that even the older bf2.4
install disks don't work any more and it could be one of the packages
that are currently broken.

Regards,
Adam