Re: new draft release announcement

Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > a) do not have GNU in their name
>
> It's the position of Debian that *all* Linux distributions are
> GNU/Linux distributions, isn't it?

Not ones that don't use gnu software surely. Anyway, you're missing the
point that that line is aimed right at existing distributions that
generally all just have "linux" in their name, and putting a "GNU" in
there weakens the statement.

> > b) do not have GNU in their source code (really!)
>
> Examples please?

There is one somewhere that uses a custom language for init, and
everything is scripts written in that language that are compiled at boot
time.I'm not sure what it does for libc, but there are certianly
gnu-free possibilities these days. I don't remember the name, and there
are probably some more variations on this. A busybox system that uses
uclibc would be a less extreme example.

--
see shy jo