Re: new draft release announcement

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:32:56PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> [1] "apt-cache search grammar" only finds compiler generators;
> guess nobody has written or packaged a grammar checker yet.
> So I used MS Word 2000 to check it. Sorry about that, only
> tool I had on hand.

I can't find any grammar checkers at all on google that are free. I
postulate that the reason for this is that a good grammar checker would
required:

1. A detailed dictionary indicating verb/noun/adverb,
transitive/intransitive, plural/singular
2. A decent thesaurus to help with alternatives

Neither of which exist in free form.

Wait.

I found http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/ which looks OK. Anyone care to
package?