Re: Building PGI (Progeny Installer) CD images

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:26:52AM +0200, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> > No, Debian's debootstrap breaks PGI quite badly.  This option is there
> > so that Anthony Towns can reproduce the bug, though as far as I know he
> > hasn't tried yet.  See Bug #139529.
> (Is that the only problem?)
> Hm... so you forked your own version a month before release?

Of course he did; the maintainer (me) is too busy focussing on other
things, and whether debootstrap works with PGI is relatively low on the
list of priorities.

> How is it that it works for them but not for you?

That's a very good question. It's not trivial to reproduce the bug: Branden
tried chrooting into the PGI environment to reproduce it, but it seems like
that's not enough. No one's had the time or interest to reproduce it properly
and diagnose exactly what's going on.

> Can't you workaround it somehow (is it a shell issue?) ?

There's a trivial workaround for PGI's purposes in the bug report,
which is what was forked.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''