Re: new draft release announcement

Dan Chen <crimsun@email.unc.edu> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 08:10:34PM -0400, Shaya Potter wrote:
> > Isn't saying debian supports software developed for the LSB, very close
> > to claiming compliance with the spec.  it seems confusing at least to
> > me.
>
> I don't think "supports" implies "complies with."

"support" is an extremely vague word with many different meanings.
There's certainly no way anyone could say with authority whether or
not "supports" implies "complies with."

Personally, from that sentence, I would infer that Debian does comply
with the LSB spec.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>