Re: new draft release announcement

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 01:17, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of Debian
> > GNU/Linux, version 3.0. Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system,
> > developed by nearly a thousand volunteers from all over the world who
> > collaborate via the Internet. Debian's dedication to free software, its
> > non-profit nature, and its open development model make it unique among
> > Linux distributions.
>
> Um, still substitute "GNU/Linux" for "Linux" in the last line.

First, I don't want to start an argument... just gather opinions, mostly
because I'm bored.  ^,^  Is Debian really unique among GNU/Linux
distros, or is it the only GNU/Linux distro?  All the other popular
distros are rather quite non-GNU, since they include (by default) loads
of non-Free software... many of them even depend on that software being
installed (SuSE, Open Linux, maybe Redhat).  Does that not make them a
proprietary Linux system with GNU roots?

Maybe that last line should substitue "Linux-based" in for Linux.  ~,^