Re: draft release announcement

Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:37:43PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > the 2.4 kernel provides support for the ext3 journaling filesystem.
> > [ XXX That is supported by the 2.4 boot floppies by default, right?
> >   Please verify. Also, an other FS's supported by default? reiser? ]
>
> bf2.4 supports ext3 and ReiserFS.

Thanks for the clarification. Just to make sure: Does it actually make
it easy for someone to make a partition using them? I installed with a
netinst CD recently and it didn't seem to offer ext3 as an option,
although I convert ext2 -> ext3 in my sleep these days, so I may
misremember.

> Joey: When potato was released, the rush on the CD mirrors was quite a
> problem. Could you maybe add a sentence or two about jigdo - it will
> provide a better download experience, especially when the CD mirrors
> are overloaded. E.g.:

The announcment links directly to http://www.debian.org/CD/, which
explains about jigdo and other methods. That web page is sufficiently
well written and simple now that people might even bother to read it
this time.

--
see shy jo