Re: Potato->Woody kernel upgrade problems

#include <hallo.h>
Michael Piefel wrote on Thu Apr 18, 2002 um 03:32:59PM:

> The Crash
>   Well, simply, it was the wrong kernel. The guide recommends to install
> a new kernel with: apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-{386,586tsc,686}
> However, the system has a AMD K6. Of course it's his fault for choosing

We could rewrite it, with:

 - mentioning -k6 and -k7
 - recomendation to use 2.4.18-bf2.4 if you don't want to touch the boot
   loader's config for now

> and loads the modules mentioned in /etc/modules. Of course, the disk
> driver had been compiled in before. I'm not sure what to do about this.
> kernel-image _could_ have warned about the missing SCSI driver, but I

The kernel-image's postinst shows a warning and simple hints about
needed changes in the boot loader. If you did not see a such screen,
file bugs. If you did, but ignored, then nobody can help you.

> No Net
>   The appropriate alias for eth0 was missing. This is a case of getting

What dou you mean with "missing"?

> tired with all those "config file was changed by you or a script"

/etc/network/interfaces is not provided by a package. Though it must be
updated by ifupdown upgrade. If it was NOT upgraded, please file a bug.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Nutzt Du Win9x belächeln Dich die  WinNT Helden, benutzt Du NT belächelt
Dich die Linux Front. Benutzt Du  SuSE belächeln Dich die Debian Helden,