Re: RFC: Packaging buildd

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 08:53:03PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Does anyone who uses buildd/wanna-build/rbuilder have any comments?  I
> don't yet have a big enough HDD to run an autobuilder offline, so I
> have not tried to use it yet.  I won't be able to do much more till
> June, but I'll have plenty of time then to fix things.

I have set up a few rbuilders for the security team, which involves
wanna-build and sbuild.  I think that packaging them is definitely
possible, though it will be a PITA.  A lot of the configurable stuff
really doesn't have safe defaults.  The postinst would probably end up
being very interactive.

When I set the software up, I based my work on the .debs generated by
the rules script in the CVS tree, so that directory certainly isn't
*completely* broken.

Since I have several rbuilders left to set up ASAP, I would certainly be
willing to help with the effort to create decent packages for it.

noah