Re: Package splitting and upgrades

Hi Scott!

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002, Scott Henson wrote:
> OK OK... isnt everyone forgeting something.  Namely, apt-get
> dselect-upgrade.  This handles all deps and recomends just like

I always use apt-get dselect-upgrade, but I always run dselect first.

Actually, using dselect for me actually is an alias for:
  dselect update
  dselect (do all the selections, etc)
  apt-get -uyd dselect-upgrade (go drink something)
  apt-get -u dselect-upgrade

I have no idea if dselect-upgrade will handle installing packages on its
own, since one is supposed to use dselect (or another tool) to solve most
dependency problems and request package installs first...

  Henrique Holschuh