Re: debian-devel-digest Digest V102 #138

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 23:42, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:10, Gerhard Muntingh wrote:
> > I don't know how many people already have this, but I'm
> > filtering '^From: spam_filter@linuxfreemail.com'
>
> The following is what I've got.  When a mail server is so stuffed that they
> keep spamming mailing lists in such a fashion I doubt that I want to ever
> receive any mail from them, so I block the entire domain.
>
> /^From: .*@linuxfreemail.com/ REJECT
> /^From: .*@superglide.netfx-2000.net/ REJECT

I tried pointing out to them the fact that they were being a bit
retarded WRT this (I was more polite than that though). I still haven't
heard anything back (it was only on Friday though)...

Does anyone know who these guys are, or had any response from them?

How easy is it to to find out who the subscribers in question are. There
doesn't appear to be a subsribers list, not that I would expect a public
one to be available, although some lists (Mailman ones?) have a list
only viewable by other subscribers?

Perhaps introducing the subscribers who use this service to the
cluestick mght be of some use... Hopefully they will see this thread
though...

ij

--
Ian Campbell

You may be sure that when a man begins to call himself a "realist," he
is preparing to do something he is secretly ashamed of doing.
		-- Sydney Harris