Re: Some questions to the release manager

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> >       Will packages with RC bugs be automatically removed from testing?
> > The answer was "No" and the reason for this was acceptable.  But in my
> > opinion it is necessary to move packages back to unstable if it has
> > a "long standing" RC bug.  We just have to define what we call "long
> > standing".
>
> I would say that if the  RC bug applies to the version in testing,
> and the version in testing is having the deficiency, it should really be
> removed.
The real problem behind this approach is that the former version in
testing is not stored anywhere and can not be backed up if the bug
is not in the former version.  Thus immediately removal does not seem
sane to me, but if the maintainer obviousely does not care or if the
package would stop other packages from entering testing it should be
removed.  But there might be cases where these reasons do not apply...

Kind regards

         Andreas.