Re: Vanishing /usr/doc symlink

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
[...]
> Can you even guarantee that all the postinsts in Debian will deal
> correctly with a missing /usr/doc? That code path has not had much
> testing.

You've got a point there. OTOH having _one_ symlink (ln -s share/doc
/usr/doc) has been testet quite well since potato's release, and
(c|sh)ould therefore be included in a fresh woody-install.

I don't expect many packages to break, because the /usr/doc
symlink-handling code usually starts with something like
if [ -d /usr/doc ...
               cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest _tin_