Re: Vanishing /usr/doc symlink

also sprach Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmul.ac.uk> [2002.01.15.0413 +0100]:
> I just upgraded my unstable system today.  In the process, my /usr/doc
> -> /usr/share/doc symlink disappeared.  I didn't notice till
> afterwards, but I'm pretty sure that's what did it.  (It was there
> yesterday, and it's unlikely to have been anything else.)

/usr/doc has been deprecated for a long time. and yes, the responsible
package is 'sysutils' i think:

fishbowl:/usr/share/doc/sysutils> dpkg -S /usr/doc
sysutils: /usr/doc

however, there's no info int the changelog (bug #96211 *doesn't* seem to
relate to this actually).

i think /usr/doc isn't necessary, and i haven't seen it on newer woody
systems, but i'd like to know what exactly is causing it to disappear on
existing systems. it's still there on my older woodies, even though they
are upgraded at least weekly.

"no, 'eureka' is greek for 'this bath is too hot.'"
                                                            -- dr. who