Re: We still need sponsors!

Le Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:18:05AM +0100, Tille, Andreas écrivait:
> OK.  If I understand this right that would mean that the control file
> would state
>
>   Maintainer: Future Maintainer <not.yet@debian.org>
>
> and my own address will be in the changelog (like in an NMU).

No, you don't need to change the changelog. I usually build without
signatures (dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc) and then use debsign on the
.changes. You can add a line to the changelog entry if you want to
expressly mention that the upload was sponsored.

> Where is the place to make clear that:
>    "The package is called a sponsored package ..."
> Are there any fields/conventions?

No, you aren't forced to make it clean anywhere. Since the uploads are
checked by the sponsor, they are as trustable as any other upload.

> PS: I wonder why your
>          "Sponsorship of future Debian developers" - page
>     is not in the debian.org domain!

Historical reasons mainly. The sponsor system was not not supported by
people who had the possibilty to transfer it to debian at that time.
So it stayed here ... not a big deal anyway.

Cheers,