Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.)

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 06:34:16AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> 'Thank you for all the fishes, do come back when you have the proper skill
> level and/or amount of spare time to actually maintain your Debian packages'

That's all very well (personally I find it a bit insulting and
counterproductive), but it doesn't actually do any good if we don't clean
up after them. You can complain all you want about packages that silently
lapse into unmaintained buginess, but the fact is we're not doing much
better with packages that are orphaned. Bas Zoetekouw posted the results
of a script in mid November that'd help clearing up packages that've
been sitting in the archive unmaintained for ridiculously long periods,
but it doesn't seem to be being used.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://www.linux.org.au/conf