Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.)

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 09:38:24AM +0100, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> Nice bait.... I'll bite, but if you want to read it you'll have to
> subscribe... It's not fair to throw the rock and hide the hand
>
> 1) learn how to properly format a mail message (i.e. fold at 75th
>    column)
>
> 2) learn how to package a deb and adopt whichever package you think
>    you're better at maintaining than the original maintainer
>
> 3) if the package is dead upstream, fork it and maintain it
>    yourself. Most free software licences allow it.

While it is a bit of a bait, I agree with his assessment.  And I
believe his point is that debian needs a better way to handle packages
that aren't properly maintained, rather than just letting them clutter
up the archives.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus